Spice up Your Meal with Tunisian Kammounia: A Guide to Making This Flavorful Dish
Tunisian cuisine is a rich blend of Mediterranean, African, and French influences, creating a unique and flavorful cuisine.
Kammounia is a traditional Tunisian dish that is known for its bold spices and hearty flavor.
- Lamb or beef
- Spices such as cumin, paprika, coriander, and cinnamon
- Harissa (Tunisian chili paste)
- Lemon juice
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced lamb or beef and cook until browned.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, and tomatoes to the pot.
- Stir in the diced carrots, potatoes, chickpeas, and spices.
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 hour, or until the meat is tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the harissa and lemon juice before serving.
- Kammounia is best served with rice or bread.
- Can be paired with a glass of red wine or a cup of mint tea.
- Kammounia is a popular dish in Tunisia, enjoyed during special occasions and celebrations.
- Reflects Tunisia’s love for bold spices and traditional dishes.
- Kammounia is a delicious and flavorful dish that highlights the rich cultural heritage of Tunisia.
- With its simple and easy-to-follow recipe, anyone can taste the traditions of Tunisia in their own kitchen.
- Explore other traditional Tunisian dishes such as Omek Houria, Mechouia Salad, and grilled lamb for a complete culinary experience.
- Get a taste of Tunisia in your own kitchen by making Kammounia and other traditional dishes.